Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Osaze Close To Tears On Return From Injury

Stoke City striker, Osaze Odemwingie, has admitted he was emotional on his return to the pitch following an eight-month absence due to injury. The Nigerian came off the bench in the Potters’ 1-1 draw against Sunderland to make his first appearance since August after he sustained a knee ligament injury. Odemwingie is hopeful that he can end the season on a high note to pay back the club for the support they have given him through his injury troubles. “I’m really pleased to be back – it was a very emotional moment for me, I was at a point where I almost cried,” Odemwingie told the club’s official website. “I was really pleased with the reception from the Stoke fans, I can see how they see me and they’ve probably been one of the biggest motivations in me coming back. “Throughout the seven months since the operation, I have really worked hard to make sure I caught a few games at the end of the season. I just hope I can finish this season strongly and hopefully get a goal for the fans, I think that would be a great way to repay them for their magnificent support.” Meanwhile, Stoke City handler, Mark Hughes, said Odemwingie’s return was one of the “real positives” of Stoke City’s draw with Sunderland. The Stoke manager told the club’s website: “One of the real positives from the game was seeing Peter Odemwingie back out there on the pitch again. “I think everybody saw how well he looks and that is a real positive for us all. He looked incredibly bright and sharp out there. Peter is a very good footballer and you don’t lose your football intelligence, even if you have had a serious an injury like he has had. “We will kick him on now and hopefully he will play a big part between now and the end of the season.” The Nigeria international joined Stoke from Cardiff City in January 2014. http://perfectbrandsng.com/osaze-close-to-tears-on-return-from-injury/

No comments:

Post a Comment