Friday, April 9, 2010


MY CONCEPT IS FIRST OF ITS KIND IN THE COUNTRY
OTUNBA IJAWARE-OLABODE OLAWALE, CEO NII &MII CONCEPT
Born in Lagos as the third child of his family, Otunba Ijaware has been a front runner in the travelling and tour industry for more than a decade. In an interview with A&B at Murtala International Airport on his way back from global and business tour in Europe. The business guru revealed the secret of his success in the travelling and tour business, and why he has decided to relocate to Nigeria among sundry issues..

Welcome back to the country, how has it been running this kind of business in this country
Thanks, it’s been wonderful and God has been my strength. Though the travelling and tour business is not new in this country, what we added is the idea of taking brand executives to anywhere outside the shores of Nigeria to train them on their specified field. Apart from ticket selling, organizing tours for schools, organizing conferences in overseas, we build brands via corporate sponsorship of our travelling. How we do this is by branding all our training materials including our attire with the sponsored brand logo and sometimes pay-off to register in the mind of people right from the Nigerian airport to any country we are travelling to. Our aim includes making the brand an international acclaim brand to create visibility for the brand always and everywhere.

How long have you been in the business and what are your challenges
I have been in the business for close to a decade. I started way back from when I was living in Brazil before leaving for the United Kingdom. It is an acceptable idea over there, but here, it is different. I really need a strong courage to sell my idea. Many brands find it hard to see what good it will be to them when they are publicised internationally when their product is not available. They have really forgotten the fact that Nigerian community outside the country is another Nigeria where you can sell and advertise Nigeria-based products. Most of us still buy what we use at home and take it out whenever we travel. For instance, Indomie Noodles is not available in the United States yet, but I can tell you that Nigerians send their friends who are coming home to buy so many for them when going back to the states. The reason remains that they love the brand and what to stick to. Will you now tell me there is no need for Indomie Noodles advert in the United States to attract more consumers? That is one angle I want brands to look at what we offer. We, at NII & MII Concept Limited are a reputable organization that has delivered first class services to our customers and we won’t engage in what can tarnish the name we have built overtime.

You recently relocated to Nigeria, do you see this country as a lucrative place to make money with your kind of business
Yes, Nigerian knows what is good and they are ready to have it at all cost. Our services are different, something that will interest Nigerians mostly and that is why I relocated. My wife, Olayinka Ijaware and my two kids stay in Ireland, so I am not totally in Nigeria. We have branches and partners spread across the world, places like Amsterdam, London, New York, Canada and many more, precisely in 18 countries.

Any greatest moment in life
As per my life, what God has done in my life is great, but I can’t remember the greatest (laugh). Well, in my business, its been great always, but ‘am waiting for the time I will have my own private aircraft to convey my clients without any hiccup.

Where do you want to see your company in few years to come
What else do I want God to do for me? I am a devoted Christian and I can attest to the goodness of God. He has done so many wonderful things both in my life and my business. I pray he should give me more wisdom to apply it in all my endeavours. Where I want to see NII & MII Concept Limited in few years to come is at the front row of successful travelling and tour agency, where we will parade our own aircraft to transport our customers

No comments:

Post a Comment